- This event has passed.
Housing Matters Training
6 September @ 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm£45.00
The direct link between housing matters and physical and mental health makes housing a critical factor in achieving a life well lived. A safe, secure roof over their heads is the linchpin in families being able to thrive but, for many, significant instability comes from housing challenges, some of which can be avoided with access to the right information at the right time.
Who should attend this course?
If you are a professional who supports people with any aspect of their financial or emotional wellbeing this Housing Matters Workshop Training is designed for you. Delivery online in a virtual classroom environment makes the half day course highly accessible, and our expert trainers who have acute front-end knowledge of supporting people with demanding housing issues will build your knowledge and confidence in the fundamentals of housing matters.
What will you learn?
Through a combination of case studies, exercises, quizzes and insights from our social welfare ‘expert in the room’, you will be helped to become familiar with housing matters, so by the end of this workshop you will be able to understand:
- – What it means to be a tenant
- – The characteristics of a good tenant for social and private landlords
- – Tenancy and welfare benefits – what should be claimed and when, and what happens if circumstances change
- – Challenges associated with maintaining a tenancy and how each can be resolve
- – Legal responsibilities of a social or private landlord to the tenant and their neighbours
- – Tenants’ rights associated with eviction, and what to do if the worst happens
How much will it cost?
Only £45.00 + vat per person
Society Matters cic is registered as a community interest company. Our profits are gift-aided to charity. As a social enterprise we pride ourselves on fair and affordable pricing. Please note all of our charges are subject to VAT at the current rate.
Discounts may be available for groups and multiple bookings. Please get in touch to discuss various in-house and group training options, or to find out about future courses.
Book your place
We're continually developing our training programme, so please get in touch if you don't see what you need right now.