This one day training course will give you the confidence and knowledge you need to support your clients with the best possible outcomes if they are claiming Universal Credit.
If you work in social welfare, or provide social welfare for your clients, this course is for you. We have successfully trained representatives of the following sectors:
energy and utilities
community and voluntary
Date: Wednesday 13th May
Time: 9.30 am until 4.30 pm
Venue: Clavering House, Newcastle city centre
Cost: £245* per person (inclusive of lunch)
* Discounts for smaller charity and voluntary sector organisations (just ask!)
* For bookings of 3 or more people get in touch to discuss in-house training options
This is the best course I have been on and I didn’t think I would ever say that about Universal Credit training!
What you will learn
Through a combination of case studies, exercises, quizzes and insights from our ‘expert in the room’, you will be guided through the complexities of Universal Credit, so by the end of this training you will be able to:
- Know and understand the detail of each of the six Elements of Universal Credit, and the circumstances that will be determine whether each element will apply.
- Know and understand the Universal Credit journey for the people behind the process, including the challenges, risks and practical steps involved in making a claim, how to manage a claim day to day to avoid sanction, and how to respond if things don’t go to plan.
- Know and understand the changes in circumstances that will (and won’t) lead to a natural move to Universal Credit from one or more of the six main ‘legacy benefits’: Housing Benefit, Income-based JSA, Working Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, Income-related ESA and Income support.
- Know and understand the impact of migration to Universal Credit (positive and negative).
For your peace of mind, this course has been independently quality endorsed by national accrediting body ncfe.
Where Next? Training
Where Next? is a free short course for people in Gateshead who are considering their options for getting back into work.
– Learn about how to make the most of your money living on a tight budget
– Discover how you can volunteer locally to build skills and self-confidence
– Be supported by a local mentor to think through your goals and options
– Get involved in short work experience sessions and learn new skills
GATESHEAD | DECKHAM
The Elgin Centre, Elgin Road, NE9 5PA
Tuesday 29th October 1.00pm – 3.00pm
GATESHEAD | CENTRAL
Citizens Advice Gateshead, The Davidson Building, Swan Street
Wednesday 16th October 11.30am – 2.00pm
GATESHEAD | SPRINGWELL
Springwell Community Centre, Lanchester Avenue
Started 30th September 2019
“I now have more confidence and I’m able to do jobs I thought I couldn’t do … it was fantastic!”